Wednesday, September 1, 2010

year in review and an A & B update

By no means do I expect anyone other than the grandparents to sit through this entire 10 minute video, but I made a little movie of Emilia over the past year.  The change between then and now is, in a word, breathtaking.  I had no idea how much she’d changed until I started working on this back in June.  Most of these images have appeared at some point or other in this blog, but there are some new ones as well – ones that didn’t ‘warrant’ a posting by themselves. There are a couple that are out-of-order, but you get the idea… what a year it’s been!

After my doctor’s appointment today I’m happy to report that A & B are both doing well.  A’s heartbeat was 144 and B’s was 156 (still sitting on the right and left sides respectively).  All looks/sounds good – I’m measuring at 32 weeks and am at 30 weeks which is pretty normal.  I’m supposed to start taking it ‘easy’ but as the doctor noted, with a 3-year-old at home taking it easy ‘es un decir’ – basically no more going to the gym but I can still walk in the ‘hood and make sure I’m staying really hydrated because we’re in ‘crunch time.’  I’ll go back in 2 weeks and then weekly after that at which point they start the fetal non-stress testing (basically where they hook you to monitors to make sure they’re doing okay for 30 minute stretches of time – we had to do one with Emilia once as well).  No word yet on whether or not we’ll have a C-section – remains to be seen but it’s a relief to know the ‘chatos’ are doing well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tears for the video. So many great memories. The year in review videos are so much work but such a treasure.
So glad the boys are doing well. Can't wait to meet them.

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

man oh man...such emotion runs through me when I watch something like this...at first i thought it would only be my own movies of my own kiddos but it's absolutely not the case...this is such a touching gift you have given emi before her "boys" come into play. loved the music...great idea! wonderful news about the boys health! they will be her in no time...i have butterflies

Reeves said...

This video made my night! She's so adorable. I'm so excited for you to have two more on the way and glad to hear they are doing well. Yay!

amybradley said...

Words can't describe how awesome it was to watch Emi grow from a cute 2-year-old toddler into a pretty 3-year-old little girl!! So glad to hear things are going well with the boys; can't wait to meet them!!

emily rietz said...

Emi is so precious. Thank you for the gift of sharing the video. Also so happy to hear A and B are up to good things. Miss seeing you!

Emilia said...

miss seeing you too girl!

kate's corner said...

Ok! I'm back. Hate myself for not commenting earlier! Kate was watching it with and was just not conducive conditions for commenting....
LOVE it Denise. This is spectacular. I mean what a great tribute to Big Sister to be. How great of you to start with Happy Birthday (the Aston bite was not lost on me by the by) #2 and end with #3? Other notes-love the songs-all teary but glad Lady Madonna ended us on an upbeat. Love all the detail shots-especially the tippy toes. Cool candle cake pic with Emi in the background. Love the one of you, A and Emi just messin around. Love the hands clasped in a prayer and love the video of Emi dancing and Marcus trying to pull her in and her being like no dad I JUST WANNA DANCE! Love this girl and love this!