Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A & B / Hermanitos Update

I realized last night after talking to Tia Marga that I never posted an update on the ‘hermanitos’ (little brothers) from last week’s doctor’s appointment.  From this point on I’ll be going in every week – basically to make sure there are no changes and also to do some fetal stress monitoring on the little fellas to make sure they’re doing okay.  We got to see them during an ultrasound last week but unfortunately neither one of them was in a terribly good position so the pictures, combined with the fact that they’re scanned images now, are not the best – but you get the idea.

hpqscan0001

that’s A’s face – you can kind of see the eye socket, nose and chin.

hpqscan0002

a rather creepy picture, but you can see both A and B’s faces.

hpqscan0003

B’s face – eye is closed and you can see his nose.

hpqscan0004

this picture perfectly depicts how i feel – A is currently head down while B is head up so A is constantly kicking B in the face (you can see his jaw/chin).  nice.

The doctors were very pleased with what they saw.  Both boys have a little fluid in their kidneys but apparently that’s normal, particularly in boys and usually it rectifies itself after birth.  A is on the right side and weighs appx. 3 lbs, 13 oz., while B is appx. 4 pounds – so they’re both midges but getting there.  The doctors would like to see them both at about 5 pounds by delivery time but this is the point when they start to gain weight.  They are within a couple days of each other in terms of size. 

Overall I’m feeling fine though I’ve broken out in to a lovely rash on my legs (hormone related) that makes me want to rip my skin off.  I’m hot (thank goodness the temps have finally dropped some) and not so comfy, and nothing fits anymore, and after this weekend where I sat for the bulk of the weekend at a knitting ‘retreat’ hosted by my friend Betsey my feet have now swollen – bye bye ankles! - but I only have to get through 8 more weeks.  I can do anything for 8 weeks. 

3 comments:

kate's corner said...

Yes! Good attitude about the 8 weeks. Gosh those boys are already cute. Cannot wait to meet them. Thanks for the update. Geez sorry about the rash/ankles :(

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

it won't really be 8 weeks will it? mei had the fluid in the kidney's that's why i was FOR sure she was a boy because like you said it mostly occurs in the boys...nothing to worry about as you know. they look so beautiful:) can't wait to see them...hope at least one is a curly blond like his sister...love that on a boy!

amybradley said...

Awww....love the ultrasound pics! Can't believe it's just 8 weeks away! Sorry bout the ankles & rash, but like you said, at least it's getting cooler!