Friday, October 1, 2010

rapidito

A quick little post – I have about 3 in my head and drafted (Emi turning 3, soccer, Tio E’s visit, etc), but I haven’t finished any of them – so just a very brief update while my ballerina naps in the MV parked in the garage.

We are back to being our family of 3 (for the time being at least) after a two week visit from Emi’s ‘Tio Equis’ or Eric, Marcus’ brother.  Emilia enjoyed wrestling and basically tormenting him pretty much the entire time he was here.  Secretly I think he’s quite relieved that he won’t be forced to play ‘tea party’ for a good long time again.

Since we are back to being just the three of us for a little while I’m trying to really relish every last drop of it, even though days like today - when Marcus is super-stressed out, the house appears to be collapsing under the mess and Emilia and I have spent the morning waged in an epic battle of wills - it can be hard (or impossible) to remember to enjoy this.  The stress, the mess, and even the arguments.  Soon we’ll be elbow deep in newborn diapers and 2 a.m. feedings (followed by 3 a.m. feedings, then 4 a.m…. you get the idea).  We are planning several little “big sis” activities for Emilia and are so grateful A gets here in two weeks.  An extra set of hands and wise counsel will be most appreciated and fortunately A works pretty cheaply! :)

We’re in the ‘final countdown’ towards the arrival of the hermanitos and while, no, the room isn’t any where CLOSE to finished after a good ‘halada de orejas’ by my friend Kathryn, and my neighbor Kristi putting together a ‘care calendar’ for us, I finally started moving and getting stuff sorted and washed for these poor fellas.  My goal this weekend is to finish sorting out their closet.  My doctor’s appointment this week went very well – I’m a little anemic which doesn’t surprise me because at the beginning of the week I was feeling really run down and just dreadful – so I’ve upped my intake of iron-rich foods before Marcus makes me start eating steak at every meal (yuck).  The babes heartbeats were fine (148 for A, 135 for B) and, best news of all, the Dr. said I will probably NOT have to have a C-section since A is already head down.  What they will probably do instead is schedule an induction (which is what ended up happening with Emilia) if I don’t go in to labor spontaneously, just to make sure they know exactly which doctor from our practice is on call that day.  (Some of the docs are more experienced delivering multiples and obviously we want one of them).  Another ultrasound is scheduled for the end of the month but until then I’ll be doing weekly NST (fetal non-stress tests) along with my doc visits to make sure the fellas are doing well and playing nicely.

And because no post would be complete without some pics – a couple of quick ones from Emilia’s first soccer practice.  I have tons of great shots of Emi and a bunch of her playgroup friends I’ll post next…

9_18_10 20

 she insisted on wearing her soccer jersey even though it was 95 degrees out and it’s 100% polyester.  holy sweat.

9_18_10 24

possibly marcus’ proudest moment as a dad so far.  the kids had to start at one end and dribbling the ball and then trap (stop) it at the end of their ‘field’.  emilia did this like she was freaking pele or something.  i swear i think he may have shed a tear.  it was awesome.

9_18_10 38

about 20 minutes after practice started emi was just done.  it was crazy hot, there were a million kids and she’d had little/no breakfast.  i was impressed she participated at all.  the next week marcus said she did a million times better and stayed with practice almost the entire 45 minutes (which is crazy long for a 3 year old in my opinion).

2 comments:

kate's corner said...

Man these are all three just great pics! Emi in action is awesome!! And snuggling with Daddy is great. Your post made me laugh with A's "wise counsel" and the boys "playing nicely." Glad Mrs. Kath got you on your toes! I totally see what you mean about wanting to cherish every moment but that can be real real hard sometimes in general, and then throw in the fact that you're pregnant...with twins! You're doing great Mrs. Denise.

amybradley said...

Awww...love the pics; Emi looks adorable in all of them! Try your best to enjoy these last moments with your little girl; I know it can be hard when they're not listening, expressing their opinions, etc. Glad Kathryn helped you out! Not too much longer!