Tuesday, March 1, 2011

don’t I know you?

Sunday evening was a milestone around here.  It was the very first time Andres and Javier actually made eye contact with one another and ‘recognized’ each other.  The part I didn’t get to document, because I was crying it was so sweet, was when Andres, in his 3-and-a-half-month way reached his little closed fist up to Javier’s face and touched him while Javier in his 3-and-a-half-month way leaned in towards Andres’ hand.  It was a.maz.ing. and over in a flash.  Suddenly Marcus was yelling “grab the camera” and of course I ran to get it and realized I’d left the battery charging downstairs so I’m racing to grab it and Marcus is saying “don’t worry, we’ll get it next time” but who knows when the next time will be, right? So I had to get it now even if my camera was on the wrong settings probably (definitely) and it was late and I was tired.  We couldn’t miss the magic of the moment.  We’ve tried in the past to get them to look at one another, but to no avail.  They just loose interest too quickly – one will look at the other and then they look away in an instant.  Sunday though, there was definitely the flash of recognition across both of their faces.  They knew. 

none of these pictures really do it justice.

02_27_11_02

02_27_11_04

02_27_11_06

02_27_11_07

02_27_11_08

02_27_11_12

02_27_11_14

02_27_11_16

02_27_11_18

02_27_11_19

02_27_11_21

love these boys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If those pics don't do the moment justice I can't even imagine how it was in person! Pretty much in tears just from the pis. These two are gonna cause some serious trouble together one day. I can totally see it in their eyes.

kate's corner said...

ummm denise. this has killed me. the one where they're "looking" at each other and happy daddy is in the background! i'm so glad you shared this. see like i would never even think of that milestone but its a HUGE one. suddenly want twins for this very moment. ps how much does javier look like emi in these too!