Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the one

03_23_11_01

I’ve been meaning to write a post about the one who made me a mama.  So much so I’ve been jotting notes down in my phone for weeks it seems, in case I finally have time to sit and write something coherent down. It’s kind of long-winded and boring-ish, but I feel like I need to document, right? 

There are a lot of changes going on. She’s officially a 3 1/2-year-old and can’t wait to be four.  Every day it seems like she asks when she’ll be ‘this many’ (holding up fingers) and wants to be measured on the kitchen wall (where we’ve tracked her height pretty much since she could kinda stand – when we move, that part of the wall is coming with me – I don’t even care what it would cost.  She’s gotten big too.. growing about an inch, maybe more, during the winter – to the point where her 3T t-shirts are s.n.u.g. and her pants are moving in to capri length.03_12_11_17

hard at work.

Other notables…

  • She replaces beginning ‘l’ sounds with ‘w’ – weprechaun, wittle and wake instead of leprechaun, little, and Lake (classmate’s name).
  • Has such a sweet sense of humor.  Doesn’t really tell jokes (except for one: knock, knock, who’s there?, cow, cow who?, cow emi)?, but she makes up silly songs and stories for her brothers all the time.
  • Incessant dancing – especially her ballet moves as of late. Anytime she hears ‘slow music’ (ie: classical music) she starts doing plies.
  • Complains that she’s getting ‘dizzy’ or ‘tired’ when she doesn’t want to clean up or do something.
  • Constantly asks to have playdates.  I admit I’ve been slack in this.  She’s desperate to have kids over and I’d love to, but with 4 month olds, it’s a little tricky and I’m terrified of a scream-a-thon with four kids here. Once the boys are in a more distinct schedule I’ve promised we’ll have kids over.
  • Recognizes letters… she loves to do ‘homework’ in the afternoons – (we practice making letters and writing her name – kind of on an as-interested basis – nothing I’m ‘pushing’ obviously) consistently recognizes letters associated with particular names she knows – A, E, D, J, M, and her own name.
  • Knows her full name “Emiya Catro”, her street “Od Chapel”, and the city “Sharyotte” (obviously that’s how she pronounces these things).
  • Tries to figure out beginning consonant sounds (something they do a lot in school) – she’ll say stuff like ‘b, b, b, ball!’
  • Plays “Guessing Game” with Papa, and “I Spy” in the car.
  • According to Marcus (I have no idea) has some real skill when it comes to soccer.  She l.o.v.e.s. to play and I can’t WAIT for their nightly soccer practices to move OUTSIDE instead of in the playroom!
  • Requires a snack IMMEDIATELY upon getting in to the car when I pick her up from school.  It’s like she’s honestly starving.
  • Loves asparagus now (!), has started eating noodles (sometimes, but not really), apparently all meat for her is ‘pollito’ (chicken), and requires catsup with every meal (including and especially scrambled eggs).  Yuck.

03_12_11_19

her good-luck bracelet – courtesy A.

03_12_11_20

and a couple of snooze-y videos… the Captain singing to her hermanitos…

and playing with her dollhouse (note the voices she makes up for the people…

2 comments:

kate's corner said...

i love this child. i mean there's just something special about that emi. the whole dollhouse playing i have seen in action. kate actually asked me today/said, i don't know how to play with my dollhouse mommy? teach me. thought immed. of emi.

love the singing to bros. shout out to the swing!

soccer skills! of course!
yay for noodles, kind of?

kate's corner said...

and playdates, yes!! get that nonstop but frankly never oblige either, seriously. i need to but don't :(