Monday, February 28, 2011

day in the life–part one

In an effort to document some of the madness that goes on around here I ‘followed’ myself around for a bit last week.  I only managed a couple hours worth, because frankly, with 3 kids it’s not so convenient to try to snap pictures every forty-five seconds.

Naptime is when I have to get dinner pretty much done.  Otherwise, we’re not eating, and my girl gets h.u.n.g.r.y. fast.  While A was here we made double and triple batches of tons of stuff to store in my spare fridge/freezer.  This evening’s menu included some pre-marinated chicken.  All I needed to get done were a couple of sides – easy peasy.

02_22_11_08

While I’m making dinner the boys are napping as is Emilia… supposedly.  I say supposedly because more often than not she’s not napping at all.  It makes me sad that she refuses to nap – probably because I would so welcome the opportunity to do so and have ‘nap envy’.  Days she doesn’t nap I try to get her down earlier, but honestly, it doesn’t work out and she ends up going down at the same time.  I will say when she doesn’t nap she does sleep in a bit later… so there’s that.

02_22_11_04

naptime – doesn’t that look restful? not.

While A was here she finished Emi’s ‘big girl’ quilt.  Because, really, she wasn’t busy enough.

02_22_11_05

02_22_11_06

‘I carry your heart in mine always.’

Bath time now starts around 5:30ish.  I’m trying to get Emi’s bath done earlier so that way after dinner I only have to bathe the boys.  So far it’s worked out well.

The boys chillax in the playroom…

02_22_11_07

02_22_11_01

02_22_11_02

while I take care of Emi.

02_22_11_03

like how she’s lined up the animals?

After bath, it’s pj time for the girl before dinner.

02_22_11_10

some pre-dinner yoga – 3 point.

02_22_11_09

the boys and e – one twin had eaten, one hadn’t – can you guess which one was hungry?

Dinner is served.

02_22_11_12

chicken, couscous with pine nuts and lemon, and emi’s favorite – ‘purple stuff’ (aka cabbage).  with a side of catsup of course.

Coming soon: day in the life, part 2 – teamwork.

2 comments:

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

oh denise...you have it so together! i would be a big ol' mess. I mean...dinner at nap time? great idea about making like triples of everything with A. A was a superstar...has she woken up from her well deserved nap yet back at home?!

kate's corner said...

i LOVE that you did this. Thank you! ok still wiping a tear p.s. from A's blanket!!! So glad about the freezer stuff and love the "needs onion" hee. shout out to the bath toys emi! Love the boys lounging.