Wednesday, March 30, 2011

donuts with dads

Emilia’s school had their annual “Donuts with Dads” day on Monday and Tuesday.  Basically it’s a nice little event the preschools use to lure the dads to sit in those itty-bitty-hard plastic chairs (preferably while all dressed in their business attire for the day) offering them donuts (sadly Marcus reported, not the Krispy Kreme kind) and the chance to see their kidlets in action.  Emilia has been SO excited about this day.  Seriously she’s been talking about it for a week and went to great lengths to pick out her outfit (one papa would like) and explain to Marcus exactly what was going to happen. (“First Papa you go in and you have to hang your bag in your cubby…”)  I l.o.v.e. Marcus that he actually went to this and recognized just how important it was to our girl and, as Ms. Paige described, Emi was “beaming” with pride.  Some quick shots.

03_29_11_02

nice face marcus – he looks like he’d rather have a root canal. 

03_29_11_04

not the outfit I was hoping E would pick out, but whatever.  you can tell she thought this was a big deal because she let me put a bow in her hair.

03_29_11_01

nice fake smile.

03_29_11_05

I sent Marcus to school with the camera in the hopes that he’d come back with some cute pics. This is what I got.

03_29_11_07

again with the dress up – Jackson H., and Elliot.  Love Elizabeth and her dad in the background.

03_29_11_08

classmates – Jackson H., E, Lake, Olivia, Elliot, Elizabeth, Charlie and Will.

03_29_11_0903_29_11_10

card made at school.

In an unrelated topic this morning I’m taking Javier to the pediatric GI doctor to see if we can get his reflux/heartburn/general tummy upset under control.  Perfect example… I’m dressed for the day, he ate at 6:30 and has cried and spit up all over me.  It’s now 8:10 and both he and I need outfit changes before we leave and he’s passed out asleep.  Poor boo. 

And in another installment of ‘this-is-where-he-fell-asleep’…

03_24_11_02

I have mentioned that he only naps in swings or in his car seat.  In my mind it’s because a) he likes to be kind of snug and cozy and b) he likes to be kind of sitting upright because of his tummy.  Last week when I came home from my ‘morning off’ when Ms. Anne was here he had finally (at noon) fallen asleep for his nap in the swing in the kitchen, going at ‘full speed’.  He napped here for almost 3 hours (I did cover him with a blanket and turned the swing off).

03_24_11_03

Sorry Andres… I’ll get you next time.

1 comment:

kate's corner said...

oh love the napping pic. and how proud was emi? "i guess" kills me. love marcus for bringing the cam ;)