Saturday, February 5, 2011

not the post I intended

So I have this post in my draft section all about our ‘nueva realidad’ – the new reality we’re entering – that I’ve been meaning to actually post… but it’s not finished yet.  Yet I’ve gotten quite a bit of flack (ahem, Nana!) that I haven’t put anything up recently and so I give you a hodgepodge of randomness.

1_23_11_01

feel like you’ve seen this outfit before? that’s because you have.  it’s pretty much all she wants to wear around the house… a constant request for ‘playing dress up’.  the only thing that changes are the accessories.  it makes me nuts and I really really need to get over it.  please note that baby Jesus’ burp cloth is, of course, a cleaning rag.  sadly I didn’t get a picture of her ‘feeding baby jesus from my tummy (aka breastfeeding).

1_23_11_04

listen boy – mama’s gonna take a bunch of pictures now.  brace yourself.

1_23_11_02

my handsome boy.  you can’t tell it here, but his eyelashes curl upwards.  such a cuddle-bug.  (and please ignore the spit up on his collar.  I could photoshop it out, but really, do we want more delays?)

1_27_11_02

this one is t.r.o.u.b.l.e.  I imagine he’ll be the one who steals my car in the middle of the night.  mischievous.

1_27_11_06sure javier’s got spit up down the front of his shirt and andres is already in his jammies in this picture.  it’d been a l.o.n.g. day because, what’s more fun than getting your passport picture taken?  getting two baby’s passport pictures taken at the same time.  it was an exhausting process that made me feel like I had run a marathon.  thank God Emilia’s is still good for this year. but my boys are both smiling in this one and that’s what matters.

1_27_11_07 

a crap picture but look at how happy my girl was to be outside last weekend in the beautiful 70 degree weather.  we spent a good long time at freedom park enjoying our picnic and getting some energy out running around the lake.

Part of our new reality is that when one gets sick, everyone gets sick.  I’ve been to Dr. Walker’s office twice this week – once with Emilia and Javier and once with Javier and Andres.  All down with RSV and general icky-ness.  Interestingly enough, Dr. W checked her notes and it was exactly one year ago almost to the day that Emilia last had RSV.  Keeping track of the meds and who gets what and when was proving to be a challenge, so I had to make myself a chart.  Sadly, I didn’t even put all of meds on here – the boys get Albuterol 3 times a day and Emilia is still doing breathing treatments every morning.  Fortunately she’s a million times better already, Javier still sounds icky and Andres’ eye is no longer draining yellow goop.  Now of course, Marcus is sick.  He’s on his own.

2_5_11_01

oh yeah, and the passport applications are still sitting on my desk because I haven’t felt like dragging all 3 of us to the passport office yet. 

2 comments:

kate's corner said...

umm, can't even talk about the meds schedule.

that first pic just says it all. so perfect of emi. it's your girl, you know?

love the spit up photoshop comment. it's so true, let it go. i need to do this more too.

those boys are to die for. need a resched. asap. thinking of yall :(

Anonymous said...

Don't even know how you keep up with all the meds. You have been through so much!
Love all the pics of the boys. And Emi in her dress up is so Emi. Love love it!