Thursday, October 21, 2010

big sister

This past Sunday we took Emilia to CMC for the “sibling tour.”  Basically it’s an opportunity for the sibs to see where Mama is going to be and where the babes are going to be – supposedly to make it all less scary and intimidating.  Emilia was fine.  I, on the other hand, nearly cried the entire time we were there.  It was such an emotional trip back and I constantly was thinking about the last time we were at the hospital, 3 years ago, when our Puchis was born.  In perfect banker form, Marcus was silent, but I could tell… he was thinking the same things I was.

10_17_10 02

10_17_10 01 

checking out the nursery with Papa.  you can’t tell but she’s wearing her ‘big sister’ t-shirt and her new halloween bows from tia marga.

10_17_10 03

10_17_10 04

there was only one other little girl taking the tour with us – apparently the saturday class was packed, but this worked out better for us.  i think emilia would have been overwhelmed with a big crowd.

10_17_10 05

the baby dolls getting weighed/measured/temp checked.  good to know that baby Jesus weighs 14 oz.

10_17_10 06

demonstrating the proper way to hold a baby.

 10_17_10 08

learning how to swaddle/put on a diaper (she’s a pro at the diaper part).

My mom and I are just back from my 35 week appt. and everything looks great.  We had an ultrasound (I’m not going to bother scanning the pics because they’re so smushed in there that you can hardly distinguish anything), but both hermanitos are weighing at about 6 pounds each! HOLY CATS! No wonder I can’t breathe!!!  They both have a tiny bit of fluid on their kidneys still (nothing to worry about), but both have great levels of amniotic fluid surrounding them.  A is still head down while B’s head is lodged under my left ribs (OUCH!)  The longest they’ll let me go at this point is another 3 weeks (until 38 weeks gestation), then they’d put me out of my misery, but until then I’ll keep going for weekly appointments for fetal monitoring.

Also, details on the “wordless Wednesday” post.  I wish I could take credit for the ‘monitos’ or outfits pictured, but I can’t.  Those are completely A’s doing.  In Ecuador babies always ALWAYS come home in green.  It’s a very auspicious color – meaning hope and good luck and all that kind of stuff.  We didn’t want them to be too matchy-matchy, so they’re in coordinating outfits.  (Note: Emilia also had a green dress but she was such a midge that it didn’t fit her.  Poor baby ended up coming home in a hospital t-shirt, diaper, socks and green cap.  Pitiful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of Emi holding baby Jesus. She has a look on her face that says "I'm proud" but I don't want anyone to know.
Can't believe the boys are already 6lbs!!! Way to go Miss Nise for keeping them in and healthy for so long. BTW where are you hiding 2 6 pounders??? Geez!!!

kate's corner said...

I love the one of emi walking down the hall with her jeans. Man! we didnt' get to weigh Oprah! Looks like she got the star treatment. The green and the tradition of it all and A's hand in it is all too much for me. So perfect.

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

oh goodness!! emi and baby jesus are so prepared for these boys...she's gonna be such a great big sis...3 years apart is perfection... ok on A creating the outfits...it just runs in the family I guess.

emily rietz said...

I can't believe you are so close to meeting A and B in person. SO happy for you all ... thanks for sharing the precious sibling tour. How wonderful for Emilia.