Thursday, March 11, 2010

dia 17 – my foodie

3_10_10 01

Since birth, Emilia has been an eater.  She’s definitely gone on little hunger strikes and such, but basically she’ll eat just about anything.  Faves are pollito, arroz, broccoli, hummus and pita, falafel, and any kind of fruit.  Having said that, she also loves Chinese food, has dabbled in Indian food and can polish off more Vietnamese food than some adults I’ve seen. 

I attribute her good eating-ness to Marcus.  I was a TERRIBLY picky eater as  a child (my mom swears I lived off of ice chips and Cheerios) and I was pregnant hadn’t eaten beef in years and never really ate cheese.  I mean it was torture feeding me.  Marcus on the other hand, as we say in Spanish, would eat stones if you put them in front of him.  It’s a pleasure to cook for him because he so enjoys whatever meal you put in front of him.

One of her all time faves is “sopa” or soup.  I’m confident it’s the Ecuadorian genetics because in Ecuador we have a soup every single day with our lunch (the main meal of the day).  When we’re in Ecuador Emilia eat soup every single day and she loves when I make soups at home (typically I do this on Sundays – just a tradition we kind of fell in to b.e. (before emi) but last night I made Italian Wedding Soup – full of delish veggies (including carrots which are NOT an Emi fave) and little baked turkey meatballs.  She devoured it, of course.

2 comments:

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

That's a great photo of emi and her soup! Italian Wedding is Stells all time favorite. Aston will even eat it. Can't believe you make it...I guess I should try. my kids eat canned soup...the sodium is outrageous.

kate's corner said...

you are so lucky to have such an eater!