Wednesday, February 24, 2010

dia 7

2_24_10 01

So today’s picture is neither super artistic or, for that matter, all that flattering.  Wednesdays as I think I’ve mentioned before are CRAZY busy around here.  We hit the road early with drop off at school, Marcus picks her up while I’m still at work and then she spends the afternoon with Ana.  She refuses to nap while Ana is here so by the end of the day she’s beat (hence she was in bed tonight before her usual bedtime of 7:30).  What I think is so funny here is what she’s wearing.  Emilia has gotten in to picking out her own outfits when given the choice and this is what she put on while with Ana this afternoon.  When I asked her why she picked the pants she said “Oh I love it those pants” and the shirt “but mama I hot” (the pants are corduroy).  What a fruit loop.

Potty Update: The potty is going exceedingly well.  I’m still holding my breath for some sort of major disaster, but up to now there hasn’t been one.  This morning she wanted to go to school wearing “calzones de princesas” but I wouldn’t let her and sent her to school in a pull-up instead (with two back-up outfits, just in case).  She peed at school no problem, but pooped in her pull-up – oops.  She’s peed all day long without a single accident so I guess we’ll have to do some more work on the number 2s.  Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

cheers to the potty accomplishments! the outfit is too much...i'm confused myself these days whether to wear warm or cold weather clothes...not to worry emi

kate's corner said...

love the outfit! so great emi about the potty! good girl!

amybradley said...

Way to go with the potty, Emi! Don't worry bout the poopie-thing - Zoe does the same thing; in fact, she waits until she has a pull-up on at naptime or bedtime to "take care of business". Love the outfit! The red in the shirt and the red hearts totally match!!