Tuesday, December 30, 2008

denise makes a "hajj" to mecca

"Mecca" a.k.a. FedEx Field

The Muslims may have Mecca, the Catholics have Jersualem, I have FedEx field, home of my beloved Redskins.

I grew up watching the Redskins in their era of greatness (it didn't last very long, I know). I used to watch the games with my Papapa every Sunday and we would swap statistics and yell at the TV screen all of us huddled in his bedroom as we rooted for every play by Joe Theismann, John Riggins, the Hogs et al.

I've had a couple of chances to go to the games, but it's never worked out for a variety of reasons. Whenever I've tried to get tickets on my own it's been impossible to do so (they are the hardest tickets to get in the NFL).

So imagine my surprise when Marcus managed to get us tickets to the Redskins-Eagles game on 12.21.08. Braving the cold (and someone battling a stomach bug) we went. It was cold as hell but all bundled up it was awesome and totally worth it. Thankfully they won, even if once again they didn't make it to the playoffs. Oh well, there's always next season...
The band playing nothing else but "Hail to the Redskins!"


Guess who had a bottle of Kaopectate in their pocket and who was super excited to eat a hot dog! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry about emilia! oh dear! glad you and markus got away! how fun!!! miss y'all!

Emilia said...

fortunately she seems to be making a turn for the better. see y'all soon!