Thursday, May 5, 2011

one day

One day I’ll be one of those mamas who arrive places looking all put-together-casual-cool and effortless.

One day I’ll be on time for stuff, regularly.

One day I’ll remember Gleneagles Rd. is closed because of this.

One day all three kids will be sunshine-y and smile-y.

One day we’ll all sing “Cumbaya” on the way to school, instead of me trying to tune out the whining and crying in the back by turning up the Ceelo Green a little more.

One day…

05_04_11_06

clearly, today was not the day.

Seriously, this was essentially the best picture I got today… Javier drinking his bottle, Andres a slobber-y mess, and Emilia making her world famous ‘cheese’ face.

Further proof…

05_05_11_01

05_05_11_02

05_05_11_03

back off lady – don’t even look at me.

No, today was the typical last-minute-mad-dash-out-the-door, wearing an old top I bought ‘pre-Emi’, pitting out of course, with hair that has seen better days.  But we had to power through nonetheless.  Today was “Muffins for Mamas” day at Emilia’s school. Of course, I had to schlepp all four of us to school.  Really the girl wanted me by myself, but it wasn’t to be.  In yet another ‘mother-of-the-year’ moment, look where I parked them…

05_05_11_06

the hall outside emi’s classroom.  andres chillin’', javier catnapping.

05_05_11_04

showing off her present for mama – not sure exactly what it is – a cross between a butterfly and a ladybug?

05_05_11_07

today, however, was the day I remembered to ask a friend to take a picture of my girl and i.  bless you, reyna!

05_05_11_08

case in point – this is my friend laurie.  look how polished, how put together, how nice she looks.  even andres is enamored with her.  so much so, he promptly vomited all over her sleeve.  today apparently, was the day for total mortification as well.

05_05_11_09

05_05_11_10

my gifts.

4 comments:

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

i laughed the whole way through this one...you just have that cool way denise of making light of the craziness of motherhood! love you for it...and love the picture of the 2 of you...
Happy Mother's Day Mama!

kate's corner said...

you know denise, i admire you every.single.day. seriously. you are put together my friend. i mean you are at the Y! with twin infants and sometimes emi too! that is big. you always look fab and always have your own fun style even if you don't feel like it. your pic of laurie makes me laugh. but denise, her kids are like all above 3 1/2! love this post.

emily rietz said...

you - together or a total mess - is all your precious three need. dont forget...

amybradley said...

What a great post! I was just thinking the other day that I am in total awe of any woman with more than 1 or 2 kids, and that I'm slowly going crazy with the 2 that I have! Anyways...I'm in total agreement with Anne, you may not feel like it, but you look awesome, and you always seem pretty well put together! Hang in there; as my in-laws always tell me: "Each day will get a little better and a little easier because the kids are a day older!"