Monday, May 16, 2011

andres–6 meses

05_03_11_07

before bed cuddles with papa.

05_04_11_02

andres, left; javier, right. I’ve mentioned I’m obsessed with baby feet, right?

Just in time for their first trip on an airplane, the boys had their 6 month checkup.  I looked back at Emilia’s stats at 6 months, and it’s wild just how close the 3 of them are.  Emilia at 6 months weighed 17 pounds, 12 ounces and was 25 1/2 inches long with a head circumference of 17 1/2.  Andres measured up as follows:

Height: 25 1/2 inches long (20th percentile) – he’s grown 1 1/2 inches since his last checkup.

Weight: 17 pounds exactly – up two pounds, 48th percentile.

Head Circumference: 17 inches – 28th percentile, up from 15 3/4.

My gordito – he’s such a sweetie.  Marcus and I remark that he’s just a ‘cool’ kid – totally chill and mellow.  It’s still rare to hear him cry – only when he’s tired (insists on sleeping on his tummy which is problematic when he’s stuck in a car seat :(), or just needs a little cuddle.  I still feel like he sometimes gets the shaft because Javier is more demanding, so I make sure he gets extra alone-time-cuddles with Mama before he goes to sleep.  Andres is a champion at sleeping.  He goes to sleep by 7:30 at the latest and regularly sleeps past 8:30 every morning.  Most mornings I have to wake him at 8 in order to get him fed and dressed in time to drop Emi at school – poor boo.  He also takes two good naps a day – the afternoon nap close to 3 hours.

Andres loves the jumpy and loves to giggle/laugh with us.  He’s also a champ at sticking things in his mouth and drooling.  Poor boy continues to cut teeth and he’s just a slobbery mess, often soaking through at least 2 shirts a day, even with a bib on.  He rolls from tummy to back and from back to tummy, but doesn’t do so super regularly – just kind of hangs out however you set him down.  He has, however, started to do this…

05_15_11_01

“what up, mama?” - a terrible picture but I didn’t have the chance to change the settings on my camera – afraid he would tip over.

The boys have started eating solid foods and Andres, not surprisingly, is a champ at eating.  So far they’ve tried sweet potato, banana, mango, pear, apple, prunes, green beans, carrots and green peas and Andres loves all of it.  Both boys have also skipped the whole start-with-one-meal-and-build-up plan and have gone straight to eating 3 meals a day – mornings a fruit with some cereal, lunch a fruit and a veg and dinner either a fruit or a veg with some cereal.  I fear when I have to feed them as teenagers.

5 comments:

amybradley said...

So, I should've read BOTH posts before commenting on Javier's, but my brain just wasn't functioning... Anyway...love the comparison between the 2, and I can't believe that Andres is so close to sitting. Can't believe they're eating that many solids; crazy!! As my in-laws always say, "Better to clothe them instead of feed them!" I'm fearing the teen years as well; Cole has already learned how to browse in the frig!

Unknown said...

Look at him! What a big boy so close to sitting up. How nice to have such a chill baby. I know that he loves the extra cuddles. I want to hold those sweet babies :)

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

whoa! he just seems easy as pie...why not have more? sleeps from 7:30 to 8:30? is that normal? that fact alone makes him a cool kid

kate's corner said...

man! love both of these pics!! i mean the look on daddy's face, c'mon?! and cool perspective on the 2nd. the sleeping thing...well that's just perfect.

kate's corner said...

and ps LOVE the feet. and ps frame andres pic for daddy for father's day and get one of him and the others too.