Thursday, April 21, 2011

my peeps

One of the first groups of friends I made when I moved to Charlotte from Virginia was naturally the people at work.  They soon became known forevermore as ‘my TES peeps’.  Last week I had the occasion to reunite with some of my fave TES peeps as we said goodbye to our ‘fearless leader’ Smokey who, after 10 years and founding our school, is moving on to presumably less-stressful pastures.  Ozlem and I don’t work there anymore, but no matter… they’re still our peeps.

04_14_11_02

t & ozlem.

04_14_11_03

I feel I need to give some background on these next couple of pics.  On the first day of school Smokey ALWAYS dresses up as some kind of character – bike messenger, surfer dude, blues brother… and greets e.v.e.r.y. kid as they get out of their cars.  It got to the point where we would all try to guess what he was going to dress up as each year.  At this party they had life-sized “Smokeys” in various costumes.  As the night wore on, we couldn’t resist.

04_14_11_22

kermit, train conductor, surfer, ghandi, blues brother…

04_14_11_24

clearly we had gotten out of hand.

04_14_11_27

it was a beautiful (albeit blurry) night.

2 comments:

kate's corner said...

oh cool love that last pic and what a hoot with the night wearing on pic. love that you got to reunite. now where was this again?? i love how you have so many different friends. that's great you know?

Anonymous said...

What a fun girl's night!