Wednesday, April 20, 2011

a meal

But first…

04_08_11_02

have a love/hate relationship with this picture.  love it, but hate that she looks like such a ‘big girl’… ugh.

04_08_11_05

dude.. I think something’s up.

We took advantage of having a couple pairs of extra hands around to give the boys their first bites of ‘real food.’  Yes, I’m still nursing them, and of course they still get formula bottles as well but I feel like they are constantly hungry.  I started with Emilia just after 6 months, but the ped says it’s okay to start at 5 if they are ‘ready’ (ie: can sit up supported…etc).  I was also hoping that as a secondary effect a little cereal would help calm down Javier’s reflux.  It hasn’t :(.

04_08_11_10

04_08_11_14

nice askew hat.

04_08_11_17

totally blurry picture but the look on poor andres’ face is priceless.  “dear god woman, what the he** are you feeding me… this is awful!!”

04_08_11_20

javier wouldn’t' even let me get close to him with it.  “woman… I hope you can cook better than this!” look how terrified he looks!

Needless to say our attempts at brown rice cereal have been a complete bust.  We’ve abandoned it for the time being and have moved on to banana (which Andres enjoys and Javier, shocker, hates).

3 comments:

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

so i just plain love the first of emi...old or not it's a stellar photo of her! with the bright pink/orange background etc. cool that the boys are eating real food but man what work that is for you! could they look more different in the first 2 single photos?

emily rietz said...

I love how expressive they are. Good luck with the transition to "real food" - I don't know how you are nursing two children - yikes!

kate's corner said...

javi's look in the last one looks like A.

love this whole documentation though. ok glad you moved on to bananas. sweet potatoes i tell ya!

yes i agree wholeheartedly with MK. love the big sis photo.

ps love the shirts boys.