Monday, August 23, 2010

emipalooza 3.0

We survived.

Whew!

Emipalooza 3.0 was a smash success I’d say.  The bounce house was a hit (have to remember that again for next year), food was yummy, Emi had most of her friends here and it didn’t rain.  What more could you ask for.

Perhaps a mother who was a bit better organized at the whole picture-taking thing?  Really, this year’s pictures are just pathetic and I feel like I should apologize to her and have a re-do at it.  I was just too scattered/didn’t get pics of everyone/forgot to videotape the singing of ‘happy birthday’ (but am praying Marcus got it on the videocamera) – really – just a mess.

Here’s a little video of the pics such as they were.  Note: Of COURSE she DIDN’T want to wear the dress I made her.  Fortunately the dress she chose was one A bought her ages ago that Emilia said “gives me susto” (makes her scared)?! so at least she had on a new party dress.

I used to sing this song to Emilia when she was an infant – can’t hear it now without falling to pieces – pregnant or not.

3 comments:

kate's corner said...

oh denise! i think this is great! i love how you captured i think everyone at the party. a roll call is important and something i'm not good at. love how emi's hair is like sweaty at the end from all the jumping/play. this first shots are too cute/too pretty of the birthday girl. brad with the headband makes me laugh. love seeing pics that other peeps take of my girl too. thanks :) love that song too. ah. tear. they're 3 denise. you've done good mama!

Anonymous said...

Great video. And....AWESOME party. It is unusual to have a party that is fun for both kids and adults and you succeeded at it! We survived 3 years...cheers to many more. Somehow I get so emotional seeing Emi at 3. I really think of her as "another daughter". Love that girl so much! Thanks for always being such a great mommy supporter. Couldn't have survived these sassy toddler years without you.

David said...

That was a very sweet video. We wish we could see the Emi now. She seems so grown up!

Louise and Ava