Sunday, July 25, 2010

blame betsey

My good friend Betsey, is the owner of the most fabulous little knit shop here in Charlotte and is also the mom of Maisie, one of Emilia’s friends from playgroup.  (Our running joke is that they are each other’s oldest friends since they only 18 hours apart in age).

Every year Betsey makes Maisie the most fabulous little dresses/outfits for her birthday, and every year, I think… gee, I should really do that before she gets too big.  The other day when I was in her shop she finally convinced me which is how I find myself with this on my needles…

7_22_10 03

oh dear.

I must say I’m much further along than I was when I took this picture, but still.  Betsey insists that I can get it done with time to spare.  When I was in the shop Emilia was with me (re-arranging all of the yarns… I’m sure they were delighted) so when I asked Emi what color dress she wanted and she instantly chimed “pink!” Betsey was kind enough to steer her away from the bubble gum pinks and to something softer.

The joke at her shop is that, whenever you find yourself doing some crazy project, it’s always Betsey’s fault.  But of course, if I actually manage to finish it, she’ll also get all the credit.

Apologies for not blogging more this week… but clearly I’ve got my hands full.

4 comments:

kate's corner said...

Obviously you must post after pics. Get on it b/c god knows you're as free now as you'll ever be. I mean in a good way ;)

kate's corner said...

gosh hope I didn't send you into a panic attack. just kidding around...

Emilia said...

omg am in TOTAL panic mode today as we started picking out paints.... YIKES!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished product....and the paint!D