Saturday, July 31, 2010

A & B at 24 weeks

I had my 24 week appointment yesterday for A & B (at 25 weeks).  At this point I will be going every two weeks and I’ll be getting an ultrasound every visit (which means they’ll be extra long visits).  Marcus was caring for Emilia so he wasn’t in during the ultrasound visit with me but, HURRAH I’ve finally managed to figure out how the scanner works!!

First – a look back at their 20 week ultrasound (when we discovered they were boys).  There are little labels on the pictures written by the technician, but don’t be worried if you can’t really tell what’s what… you get the general idea…

hpqscan0001

hpqscan0002

 For some reason the picture of them with their heads together didn’t scan properly.  I’ll try again when I have a bit more time.

Ultrasound pictures from this Friday’s visit…

hpqscan0003

 yes, B looks like an alien.  yikers.

hpqscan0004

no, he doesn’t have a hole in the side/back of his head – it’s just how the 4D picture is taken.  arm is up and he’s totally chillin’.

hpqscan0005

A didn’t really want his picture taken, so we have to make do with a profile shot.

At 25 weeks they are measuring 23w3d (for A) and 23w 4d (for B) – at this point it’s hard to keep them straight – in other words, A & B might have flip-flopped between the last ultrasound and this one (most likely based on the measurements).  A weighs in at 1.4 pounds and B at 1.6 pounds.  Both have similar heartbeats (146 and 143 respectively) and are basically doing great.  No concerns about placenta previa or anything.  I did fail my glucose tolerance test (and rather spectacularly at that) so I have to do the 3 hour test when we return from DC.

We’re off tomorrow for a week to the DC area to visit Grandpa, the tias, and some friends (and maybe get out just the two of us at least once).  It’s sure to be a whirlwind trip but at least it won’t be as insane as Christmastime usually is.  It’s also *sob* the last family trip in the Highlander – upon our return we’re getting *double sob* an MV.  My friend Anne swears I’ll love it, but I’m not totally convinced yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are precious, precious and I can't wait to meet those little babes. I'm in awe every time I see one of your ultrasound pics. Totally can't believe you have two little boy miracles in your belly.

kate's corner said...

ummm, "double sob" of happiness. you'll see. bless your heart.

HOORAY for the ultrasounds. Thanks for doing this! Love these guys already.

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

YAY!!!!! love seeing them in person:) so great that that are doing so well! You look sooo great...glucose is all temporary:)

emily rietz said...

so amazing ... the pictures are miraculous. I'll grieve with you on the loss of the suv ... but I do hear the MV is the way to roll. and you can totally rock it, chica.