Thursday, July 1, 2010

anthony’s birthday and - drumroll please – it’s an A & B update!!!

Saturday our friends the Maysonet’s celebrated ‘baby Anthony’s’ second birthday.  Unfortunately it was hotter than standing on the surface of the sun.  Fortunately, the heat only seemed to bother the adults – the kids had a grand time.  Hana asked me to take pictures for her since they are camera-less right now.

6_26_10 10 with my equally pregnant friend Amanda (Sofia’s mama) – note that the more pregnant I get, the bigger my hair will get – it’s ridiculous.

6_26_10 17

 emilia, sofia (in blue) and another guest enjoying the ‘jumpy.’

6_26_10 70

 the birthday boy blowing out his candles with his mama and papa.

6_26_10 110

holy cats – a family picture (that’s totally terrible).

6_26_10 119

sofia and her papa enjoying the pinata.

6_26_10 120

worn out.

And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for… (or at least, we’ve been waiting for).  *Feel free to skip to the bottom if you just want to get to the ‘reveal.’*Monday was the ‘big’ ultrasound for A & B.  If I knew how to work my scanner I would have inserted a couple of the cool 4-D ultrasound pics we have, but no luck.  At 20 weeks they are measuring about 19 weeks and 18.5 weeks respectively which is just fine. (The concern is if there is a big discrepancy in the size of the two.  Heartbeat for A was 134 (hereafter known as our ‘chill’ baby – ha!) and 145 for B.  All the vital organs, structures, hands, fingers, toes etc were all there.  Both had a little fluid on the kidneys but the doctor said that was typical and that most babies with that have no problems once they are born.  Basically everything checked out as perfectly as possible.  My weight is good (though I feel more and more moose-like) and can continue light workouts (though no more yoga :() but I’ve felt great overall… no swelling or anything.  I remember the summer being pregnant with Emilia I had no ankles and could only manage to wear flip flops – terrible.  We were super glad to see them and to know that they are doing so so well.  They actually looked kinda cute laying head to head like they were  having a meeting or something.  Of course both of them had their feet on my bladder which explains why I had to pee every 2 minutes.  Felt like saying “Um, excuse me, guys?  Could you scoot over a bit.”

Did you catch that? - ‘guys.’

Because much to Marcus’ thrill (and, I’m guessing, relief to not have to live the rest of his days in a pool of estrogen and running to the drugstore to buy Tampax or something), they are both BOYS!!!  We are super excited to have our Emilia as our one and only best girl and to know that, while she’ll be the ‘enforcer’ for many years to come, she will have not one, but two hermanos to protect/defend her from mean boyfriends and even meaner high school girls.  I admit to being a little freaked as I know very little about boys, but I’m sure they look cute in smocked outfits as well, right? :)  We think Emilia was a bit bummed when we told her she was having two brothers – she wanted girls (and four of them!!!!!) but has promptly forgotten about them and hasn’t mentioned it since.  Out of sight, out of mind.

We do have first names picked out but we are not sharing them at this time.  With Emilia’s name we shared it right away and frankly, got far too many opinions on it (good, bad, and otherwise).  Once babies are born though, people are a LOT less likely to say “oh my, what a horrific name” or “huh, how do you spell that?” or “hmmm… I know a (insert name here) and I never liked them.”

I promise to be better with the A & B updates.  My next appointment is in a month and after that I’ll be going in every two weeks.  The great thing is that you get a ton more ultrasounds than with a singleton so hopefully I’ll be able to figure out this scanner at some point!

6 comments:

kate's corner said...

Boys! Wow. We're thrilled over here. Just told Eve she's gonna have two little playgroup boyfriends and she grinned big. DENISE! don't do that to us...what a tease with the US pics! Learn how to get that working ASAP please thanks. You look amazing fo real. Totally totally agree with your policy about names. Wait till birth.

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

holy moly!!!! Denise i got the same feeling reading this post as i did when you announced them! BOYS!!!! how perfect is that...like you said Emi will forever be your favorite girl in the world...you look great! love your shirt in that first shot of you...big hair is hot!

Anonymous said...

A and B we love you guys so much already. Emi will be a great big sis to her brothers. She is so good with B. Will love watching her shine as the one and only princess of the house.

Emilia said...

big hair is hot in that it gets hotter underneath the big hair! shirt is anthropologie. emi is great with B because she doesn't have to live with him all day long. this way stells and eve will have several suitors to chose from!

emily rietz said...

little boys! we are in NYC pre-studying - so excited for you...

Reeves said...

I just found your blog. Congrats on twin boys! I didn't realize you were pregnant. That's awesome! I'm so excited for you. You and Emilia with do great with two little boys. Hope you're feeling well.