Tuesday, May 25, 2010

rehearsal

Emilia had her dress rehearsal and ‘professional’ ballerina pictures taken today.  It was so cute.  As I predicted, when I was in the room (ie: when the pictures started) she was all clingy and nervous and shy, so I handed her off to my friend Lauri, Betsey’s (from school) mom and said “I’m outta here!”  The second I left she was perfectly fine and posed for the group picture.  I don’t think they got a smile out of her but at least she stood there.  She had an individual picture taken as well which I’m predicting didn’t come out that great either, but what can you do. 

5_25_10 01 

practicing their curtsies – from left – Betsey (from st. j), Caroline, Lucy, Ginna (from st. j), Elizabeth, Emilia, and Catherine – not pictured: Natalie (who was having a meltdown no amount of jellybeans/m&ms or marshmallows could cure :( love how Betsey had already ripped her hairdo out!

5_25_10 05

getting the wiggles out.

Once all the girls had their pictures taken it was time to have a run-through of their two routines with the costumes on.  Thank goodness my camera records video as well, so I was able to record both dances, just in case Emilia’s stage fright fully kicks in on Saturday.

Warning: The video is not the greatest – I’m too busy laughing at my child to pay attention that the camera is kind of all over the place.  Oops.

In this first piece the music is “Sweet Little Baby Girl” – I mean, c’mon, how were we not supposed to cry at that?  Basically their supposed to be doing all the positions and hand movements but as you can see, someone (second from right) is far too interested in doing the cha-cha-cha.  watch Ginna (the tall girl) to see what they’re actually supposed to be doing.  I swear that girl’s practically a pro.

And now… for the “Bear cha-cha-cha!”

5_25_10 07

belleza sin igual.

4 comments:

amybradley said...

Sign her up for Dancing with the Stars!! That was waaaay too cute! Love the last picture...

kate's corner said...

Ummm, totally choked up via first video. LOVE emi doing the cha cha cha. priceless!!! ok will let you know about today. ps that last pic is precious.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! She is quite the cha cha cha-er. Girl has talent.

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

omg!!! is it too early to sign mei mei up? loved every minute of both videos...she did sooo great denise...can't wait to see what she does this weekend