Thursday, May 20, 2010

can you picture it?

Because I couldn’t actually get a picture of her in it.

5_18_10 01

This Tuesday costumes were FINALLY handed out for the Spring ballet recital.  This was, as one of the other mom’s jokingly pointed out, what we had all been ‘doing time’ for by sitting outside of class patiently since January.  I’m not too ashamed to admit that I was FAR more excited about the costume than Emilia probably (surely) was, nor am I too ashamed to admit that I got a little teary when they showed them to us (I was not the only one, whew!)

Wondering why there’s no picture of Emilia actually in the costume?  Well, she hates it.  Actually, that’s not a true statement.  As is her personality, while all the other little girls were madly tearing at their costumes wanting to get them on as quickly as possible, Emilia wanted little to do with it and frankly would have been perfectly content if it had resided in it’s little garment bag forever.  I basically had to bribe her to even try it on (the promise of a lollipop and a little peer pressure - ‘look Emilia, everyone else is doing it!’ – not my finest parenting hour but whatever).  Once she got it on she was fine but the minute Ms. Heather (the teacher) wanted to really quickly review one of their dances (the Cha-cha-cha!!) Emilia got all clingy and nervous and wouldn’t let go of me and of course wouldn’t dance.  I was planning on helping the room mom backstage with the kids but now I think I’ll back off if possible since I think having me back there will only make her more nervous and clingy.

5_18_10 03

dragging it up the stairs – nice – sure way to get it dirty before the big show.

Ironically, Emilia insisted on calling Papa when we left class to tell him she had gotten her costume and I thought for sure she’d try it on for him when he came home, but no such luck.  I’m guessing Marcus will see her in it as I’m wrestling her in to it the morning of the show. 

Now I have to figure out how to make a ballet bun in her hair.  Yikes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow it's presh! Can't wait to see it on her.

kate's corner said...

ok, so between emi, kyrie and kate, we're gonna have an interesting show! adorb dress.

amybradley said...

Cute costume! Can't wait to see pictures!