Sunday, May 9, 2010

The magic number – Happy Mother’s Day

Four.

That’s the magic number.

It’s the number of times we tried.

It’s the number of different protocols we used.

It’s the number of shots I had to give myself on any given day.

It’s the number of times we prayed/wished/hoped in a day (probably more, but you get the idea).

It’s the number of times I probably cried in one day.

It’s the number of days (total) I spent on bedrest.

But that’s what it took because finally…

 5_9_10 01

we are entering our fourth month.

November can’t come soon enough and we will have much MUCH to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Of course, now the magic number is two.

Because we’re expecting gemelos.

Yikes.

5_9_10 02

cheese-ing with sally, baby jesus, coco and baby.

All you mamas out there are an inspiration to me.  When I’m at my wits end (which is more often than I care to admit) I just think of what you all would do. 

Feliz dia! (Happy day!)

7 comments:

emily rietz said...

I am SO thrilled for you! Can't wait to catch up in person soon...

em

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! So excited for Emi to be a big sister. We pray for those little babies in your belly every day. I love them so much already. Can't wait to shower them with snuggles and kisses!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two! Your are truly blessed and remember that God always restores your hardships with twice the blessings. I think that the twins are a perfect example of this.
see you at the pool
Brad

kate's corner said...

what??!! i'm calling you right now!!

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

r u kidding me?!!!!!!!!!!!! huge congratulations!!!! 2? twins??? anne just txted and said read denise's blog asap...had a feeling but 2!!!! holy smokes...this is the biggest and bestest news in the whole world. i had no idea you were going through what you where going through...so happy it was all for twice the best!!! omg

amybradley said...

YAY!!!!! I'm SOOOOO excited for you! Can not wait to see you in June to give you a great big hug!! Wow, twins?????

Emilia said...

thanks all - we are overwhelmed and so grateful for all the support from our wonderful friends.