Sunday, April 26, 2009

ketchup, or catch up - part 1

So there's so much to catch up on from our trip to DC that it seems pretty overwhelming. Just to add to that, there were a couple of days (read, many) when I totally forgot my camera and forgot about documenting stuff.... which is good in a way I suppose because I got to just enjoy the moment instead of worrying about trying to get pictures of everything. Unfortunately though, it means I have no pics of Emi at the National Zoo (her first zoo trip - gorgeous day - she saw the elephants, zebras, the pandas including the new baby, and the hippos), eating pizza at Vace on Connecticut Ave or eating pork with plum sauce at Peking Gourmet and very few pics of her with the tios and tias, Grandpa and A.

One day I did remember to bring along my camera was on Sunday when we worshipped at the Holy Church of Brunch a.k.a. the club where we had an awesome breakfast with Nana, Richard and the Bug (who's original nickname was Lala, but Emilia now calls her "yaya" and is OBSESSED with her... it's that mysterious aura of hers! :)

running to greet Nana outside the club. she loves her Nana.

someone was on her best behavior in the club grill which is good because there was a lot of people there! sharing some laughs with Na.
stopping to smell some flowers in the parking lot before we left.


with Na and Richard... looking awfully serious.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, i hear ya, sometimes it's good to "forget" the camera. i need to be reminded of who nana & co. is, marcus' mom? hope to see y'all soon!

Emilia said...

Nana is my aunt Nana (Diana) who lives in Rome with her husband (Richard). Her daughter is "the Bug" (aka Laura or, by Emi, "yaya").

Maigray said...

I love the fact that I'm an obsession.

Emilia said...

i knew you would buggie!!!