Sunday, February 22, 2009

back in the saddle again

I know we both look a little "rough" in this pic, but considering the hour, and the angle from which I was taking the picture, we look fantastic.

So in addition to being an early bird, Emilia wants to constantly be carried. This wouldn't be such a problem if she was back to being a 9 pound infant. However, at approximately 22 (I'm guessing here) pounds, it tends to be a problem. Also, I kind of enjoy having the ability to move both of my arms. In desperation the other morning I broke out the baby bjorn which we haven't used pretty much since she started walking fluidly. It totally brought me back to when she was a wee little peanut and you could pop her in the bjorn or the sling and she'd ride around for hours in it, happy as a clam. We were (are) really big into the whole attachment parenting/baby wearing thing and apparently they find comfort in going back to it. So it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that my 18 month old girlie rode around in the bjorn yesterday for a good 40 minutes, clutching pink panda and her banana pretty much the entire time. Note to self: next time invest in the upgrade to the bjorn that has the additional back support. Ouch.
In lighter times - November 2007. Who is this baby????
Don't we look lovely and not at all tired?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

emilia does look as happy as she can be! I took kate shopping in the bjorn literally like a month ago. yes, invest in back support one. it's a must.