Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2nd haircut for the ladies who lunch

Emilia's hair has been dribbling into her eyes long enough, so I took her over to Doolittles to get a little trim. She has a LOT of hair coming in, especially in the front; but the longer parts were just looking so ratty and it was all uneven in the end. In the end, I'm sure the stylist cut about 10 hairs on her head, but whatev... not like I was going to take a stab at cutting her hair. She was not thrilled with sitting in the chair but thankfully was mesmerized by Dora the Explorer on the little video screen. And her hair looks much better.
Showing off a side view of the new 'do.

Afterwards it was close to lunchtime so on a whim I decided to take Emi out for a Mama/Daughter lunch. I was a little leery about it since it's a roll of the dice whether Emilia will be happy and stay sitting or will be screaming and ready to run around the restaurant. I'm happy to say she did beautifully. I ordered her her very first real-cheese cheese quesadilla with a fruit salad. She was thrilled to see it came with a biscuit the size of a hockey puck. She ate half the quesadilla, almost all the fruit salad (didn't care for the green melon pieces and I can't say that I blame her) and a good amount of her biscuit. We laughed and talked and she was very worried about the baby in the restaurant who was crying and kept signing that she wanted to give him/her some fruit. Cutie. Definitely something we'll do again soon. The best part - she fell asleep on the way home from lunch and slept for almost 3 hours (we're still struggling with our sleep though today she did much better making it to 5:45a.m.)

Washing her hands with her wipe before lunch. If I forget to give her one, she reminds me.

Holy biscuit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks precious!! i need to do the wipe thing more before lunch. what's wrong with me?!

Maigray said...

Oh fabulous - we can go out together when I visit!