Wednesday, October 22, 2008

baby signs

I was trying to get video this morning of Emilia saying "no" but no luck. Instead I managed to catch her making one of her signs. I was very late in starting the whole baby sign language thing mainly because I felt like we were already doing a lot of language stuff by speaking only Spanish with her, but I saw how well it was working with her friends from playgroup so I decided to try it and now I'm a believer! Emilia has about 5 signs (I'm sure if I'd started earlier she would have more by now but whatever) and she doesn't do all of them correctly but she's consistent with them and we know what they mean. The sign for "more" (we say "mas") is supposed to be fingers from both hands coming together but she does it by pointing with one finger to her open palm. It is kind of cool I must admit. (Note: I have no idea what she wanted more of when we were recording this).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it. my nephew actually did the same thing for more. interesting. isn't it so gratifying. go emilia! it just gets easier and easier.