Friday, October 24, 2008

the chair

So I bought this chair at the Harris Y consignment sale for Emilia about a month ago. I hadn't planned on giving it to her yet, but in a moment of desperation the other day I introduced it to her. She loves it even if the upholstery is a little less than desirable (never fear - it's one of Mama Mama's many jobs to do when she gets here!) I have finally (I think) managed to convince her to stop trying to stand up on it or sit on the arms of the chair (of course, a little tumble also helps to teach that lesson - ouch!) and now she really enjoys it, rocking back and forth.

Disclaimer: Yes, I realize the child's face is covered with dinner (bonus points if you can guess what she had eaten that night) - never fear - her face gets washed before bedtime. And yes, I also realize her pants and shirt don't exactly match, but her pink pants she had worn all day long had gotten very dirty out on the playground.


Hope Santa brings Marcus a new pair of slippers for Christmas!


Close up of the silly one.

Uh oh - someone's getting tired (and has found a travel pillow which is now apparently hers.

Very very tired.

For God's sake woman, stop taking my picture and put me to bed! (So I can wake up at 4:30 this morning - but that's a whole different posting.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the closeup.

Emilia said...

can you say "sweet potatoes"??? :)