Thursday, June 13, 2013

First steps

This week my girl has been doing her first ever week of all-day anything frankly. Up until now all of her activities have strictly been either all morning or all afternoon, but in anticipation of our transition to big kid school I thought a week of all-day camp may help give her (and I) a sense of what's to come. Sure only having the boys at home is easier/harder/more/less noisy. I'm not going to lie.. I ugly cried after drop off on Monday morning, have been caught by my friends Danielle and Anne stalking her in the parking lot at the Y, and, after pickup on Tuesday when I found out she had forgotten her lunch for the field trip and lost her water bottle on the wagon at Lazy 5 ranch I almost pulled the plug on the entire endeavor. But we soldier on... and choke back a few tears along the way. Some quick shots I snagged on Monday.




label everything!!



before camp shot


looking a bit worried. She yelled at me after taking this picture.



off she goes - never looked back.


I went back after dropping off the boys at camp. Emi's group was lining up to go to the pool to take the swim test. (Spoiler alert -- she refused to take the test and therefore had been swimming all week with.a.life.vest. Ugh!!


I read this last week (yes, on Pinterest) and its supposed to be for the first-day-of-school but it's been in my head and it's so so true of how this feels...

I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you go.
On this day know that my heart breaks, 
For this is the first step in letting my baby go.

Now I've got some stalking to do...

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

kate's corner said...

yup. you were caught. think this was good for yall though. will be doing with kate in july (a 9-3 all weeker). and dang that poem is a choker! stop it!