Wednesday, December 7, 2011

she’s fine

Really.

She’s super fine.

photo-6Better than fine… because not only did this happen weeks ago (October 25th to be exact), but children are made out of rubber.

I’ve waited this long to add this to the book of this year because I couldn’t look at the pictures of her fall without crying.  Honestly, they still make me well up.

photo-7

photo-8

There’s no other explanation.

Because, if you fall backwards 6 1/2 feet when you weigh 30 pounds and are only four years old, something terrible is probably going to happen.  A broken arm, a punctured lung.  Something. 

She bounced.

photo-9

But not her…and for that we are eternally grateful.  A nasty bruise on her cheek that lasted a week, and the chance to tell her classmates that she got to see the inside of an ambulance is all she got for her troubles.

A million thanks to Rebecca who said “I’m calling 911”, to the random dad at the park who saw me try to scoop her up and said “don’t try to lift her – she fell backwards and may have injured her spine”, to Mary for jumping back in to nurse mode and looking her over, and to Kate for sympathizing over my new hatred of this park and taking the pictures.

photo-10

at home that evening, cuddling on the sofa eating club crackers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me sit on the couch and bawl like a baby. We are so eternally grateful that she is fine.

kate's corner said...

so glad you documented this. it was big. damn that park.

Emilia said...

txs ladies.

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

proud of you for getting this done. I still can't look back on my post about A's fall... Emi is amazing...because nobody kid or adult should have "bounced" the way she did...AMAZING!!!