Wednesday, June 2, 2010

el show

Saturday was Emilia’s big recital.  I’m not going to lie – I think I was more nervous Saturday morning than I was the morning I got married (actually, I know I was more nervous) – and not just because we had to be uptown by 8:45 (which was a feat in and of itself).  I was worried that she would panic and start to cry or get all clingy and nervous.  Plus it was the first time my baby was going to ‘perform’ on a stage.  Holy stressful!  Needless to say, she did a great job.  She stood like a statue during the entire first song, but then came to life during her favorite.

Pre-show photo shoot:

5_29_10 01

she would only pose next to ‘gnomo’ – like the weird face she’s making?

5_29_10 03

5_29_10 04

5_29_10 12

backstage in the dressing room with betsey and ginna (fellow ballerinas and preschool classmates).

5_29_10 14

ky and ‘ms. claitlin’ made the trek uptown early saturday morning to see emi dance – thanks a bunch ladies - (and why didn’t i get any video of ky dancing in her seat?!)

5_29_10 15

emi’s dances were first and third which means we had a LONG show to sit through.  it was kind of entertaining though, but there were 130 dancers total!!!

coming out for their first number…

5_29_10 16

5_29_10 18

5_29_10 19

kaitlyn and emilia get a last minute ‘pep talk’ from kaitlyn’s dad.  i was supposed to be helping backstage with the girls but at the last minute backed out and i’m glad i did… i think emi would have run off-stage with me if i had been there.

5_29_10 25

yeah! i did it!

5_29_10 26

papa, did you see me? (um, get a look at that face, would you please? holy love-fest).

5_29_10 29

i did it!

5_29_10 31

showing off her medal to papa.

I’ll post the videos later – was having troubles uploading to youtube. 

5 comments:

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

oh Emi! you look so beautiful! The one of Marcus and Emilia giving each other "love looks" stands out to me...their profiles are like one in the same! nice job emilia!!!!

amybradley said...

So presh!! Love the "model" poses with gnomo and the pic of Marcus and Emi is priceless!!

Anonymous said...

I love her face in the 3rd pic. It is so sassy Emi! The one of she and papa couldn't be sweeter. I was so proud of her up on big stage. Kyrie kept asking whey I was crying and all I could say, "she's just so cute!".

Unknown said...

totally forgot to mention how very nervous i was too. totally more than wedding day.love the pics with papa. she looks adorbable on stage cannot wait to see the video. heehe love the gnome face.

emily rietz said...

so lovely! congrats on making it through the stress, mama...