Monday, August 17, 2009

patience is a virtue

I finally got it.


It's a beast and I'm not exaggerating when I say it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to put the strap on it.

It's taken me all night to figure out how to upload the photos onto the computer... I can't even deal with how to edit them, so their completely unedited... just "as is."

seriously mama, i know you're excited to try your new camera, but do you have to take my picture so early in the morning?

Between the new laptop, the new camera, and Marcus' new crackberry we're in the midst of technology overload around here.

crying due to tech overload? no, more like crying because i wouldn't give her the camera.

I'm sure it'll take me forever to figure out how to actually use this thing. For now, it's on auto, and I just hang on, point and start shooting. I think I can already see a difference.

happier now that she's got her own camera in her hand.
Or maybe I love my subject matter.

there's my smile - finally!
I'm telling you - this thing could become my newest vice. Move over knitting! (Just kidding, of course).
peek-a-boo!

4 comments:

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

finally! we looked at the 5000 too! you will have to let me know what you think! so exciting...this is a big day...I expect a lot of videos...that thing is supposed to be an excellent video camera!

kate's corner said...

well I'll be darned!!! so happy for you!! I can already tell the difference. like look at her eyes in that 3rd photo! love it! anytime you need/want help, would love to show you what i know (not that it's a lot or anything!)/ give you the websites that i learned from as far as moving out of auto and stuff.

Emilia said...

oh I SOOOO need a tutorial from both of you ladies - seriously - will bring y'all dinner if you show me how to work the darn thing... must discuss!
(but yes, v. exciting!)

kate's corner said...

these are my key sites:
thepioneerwoman.com (go to her photography tab and then, basic photography on lefthand side and her "what the heck" series on aperture, iso, etc, etc.) also iheartfaces.com has great, easy tutorials. also learned a lot from http://digital-photography-school.com and go to tips and tutorials. for me i really did some reading (blogs, not manual so much) and then hands on experimenting with camera. my first move was to Aperture mode (A), lowest possible setting to allow for that blurry background.