Tuesday, August 25, 2009

i blinked...

look how little we knew - child is covered in blanket and we couldn't put the straps on her shoulders correctly - so panicky to take a 5 minute stroll up the street... our first day home.

... and she turned two.

"baby.... where are you???"

Our Puchis is officially two today, and officially a toddler. The baby is gone. Though she still snuggles and certainlyhas a lot of baby in her, she's definitely a toddler now. By that I mean she's much more independent, has opinions about what she wants (and often when she wants it - AHORA! NOW!) and has definite likes and dislikes. It's an amazing age, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't more than a little sad. I feel like yesterday we brought her home, and tonight my toddler baby was saying "i lobe (love) you a mucho mama", which, don't get me wrong, is super sweet, but where'd my baby go???





so happy papa had FINALLY gotten home to blow our her candle on the cake (yes, i made this one - my dad's famous genoise cake recipe with chocolate buttercream - butter makes everything taste good).
p.s. notice the bite out of the cake - that came courtesy of aston, who, we presume, was so excited for cupcakes at emi's bday party, he just couldn't wait a second longer. hilar.



and the sugar starts to hit.



estas son las mananitas que cantaba el rey David a las muchachas bonitas se las cantamos a ti...

4 comments:

emily rietz said...

shut up that video is the cutest thing ever!

Emilia said...

em you are too funny!

kate's corner said...

last picture is so crisp. love it. and love the one after the video. your new camera has brightened my life. cake looks delish. p.s. feel like you should've addressed the bite out of the "2," it really is hilarious.

Merritt said...

I'm with Emily on the video. I just couldn't stop smiling!