Monday, July 20, 2009

quito - part 5 - the 'dos

So I'm way behind on my postings (shocker), so I'm going for 2 in one day. This one is all about hair.
calling Papa

Emi's hair is kinda wacky. It's wavy/curly and she's got plenty everywhere, except on the sides. Usually I just throw it in a ponytail or spout on the top of her head (sometimes two) and try to stick a bow in it (usually met with tears and her trying to pull the bow out... am contemplating using a hot glue gun to keep bows in hair). Elsa (my mom's maid) would eye Emi's 'dos very suspiciously - like she didn't quite approve. The other day I found out why. Elsa (mother of several daughters) can french braid hair like you can't believe. Even Emilia's hair. It's quite impressive. Now Emilia has a french braid in her hair every morning. I'm trying to learn how she does it, but it's not looking promising.

ready for "guarderia" showing off her hairdo and her cool-kid sunglasses.

2 comments:

kate's corner said...

i LOVE it! you must learn how. is it possible? feel like you have to have really small fingers?

Emilia said...

i think you not only have to have very small fingers, but also have practiced on 6 (Yes, SIX) girls!!!