Sunday, May 17, 2009

first and last

walking towards her future? gasp!

This weekend was way mellow - a little summer clothes shopping, a little IKEA shopping, a little vacation planning - nothing thrilling.
So, this post, is about a first. Two firsts, in fact.
Emilia has just completed her first year of "school." (I put school in quotes because, quite frankly, it's not like they're learning advanced trig or how to diagram sentences or anything at this point). Still, I feel like it's a little bit of a moment. I've already written my very first lunch note. (My Mama used to write a note on my napkin every SINGLE day she packed my lunch - which was always the exact same thing btw - complete with drawings of chickens and houses and faces). Fortunately, Emilia's got a much more varied appetite in terms of her lunchtime meals, though my pictures and notes do lack a certain creativity. I'm also fairly certain Ms. Courtney & Ms. Annete thought I was a total freak, but if they did, sweet women, they kept their opinions to themselves.
So, it's a first... and a last.

Friday was Emilia's last day of her first year of ever going to school. I only hope that she loves school as much as I always have. Part of the reason I became a teacher was because, quite frankly, I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life. I mean, seriously, how do you have a life without having something of a summer vacation? It's the same reason why I tinkered with the idea of becoming a PA or going in to PT - I couldn't imagine not wearing a uniform. Too many years of Catholic school, I suspect, making my brain all wonky.
Anyway. Enough about me, on to the important stuff...

Emilia and classmates/pals Meredith and Domenic.

nothing sweeter than this sweaty neck.

2 comments:

kate's corner said...

aww. pretty b & w. last day. yeah, already prepared to cry for this one. the lunch notes is the sweetest thing ever/may have to copy next year!

Emilia said...

oh please do! the notes are the bestest ever. last day was kinda sad, but not as bad as i thought it would be.