Thursday, January 15, 2009

we interrupt our regularly scheduled programming...

So, Kate's mom, Anne, "tagged" me in her blog to answer these questions. Apparently, this is something "bloggers" (which, wierdly, I am now one after years of swearing I'd never do this) do...

Q: Five names you go by:
1. Nini (by pretty much everyone in my family and most of my friends... also include variations such as "niser"...)
2. Dennis (by my own mother - horrible).
3. MD (for Maria Denise - by the NYC crew).
4. Amor (by Marcus)
5. Hija mia (by both Marcus and my mom... kinda wierd)

Q. Three things you are wearing right now:
1. The uniform a.k.a. what I wear pretty much every day: jeans (pref. Luckys)
2. JCrew sweater
3. Danskos (new ones - cordovan colored! :)

Q. Two things you want very badly at the moment:
1. my house to be painted on the inside and have the living room decorated/kitchen remodeled (okay so that's 3 things in 1 but whatever).
2. a new laptop (this one is slowly dying).

Q. Two things you did last night:
1. watched American Idol.
2. Took 2 advil p.m.'s because of a horrible headache (possibly brought on by brutal exercise class) and then fell asleep watching Top Chef (thank goodness for the DVR!)

Q. Two things you ate today:
1. muffin with turkey bacon (my same breakfast every morning but Anne, tell me more about the waffle please - sounds yummy!
2. pupusas (salvadorean tortillas filled with black beans and cheese - we brought back 20 of them from DC. I am embarassed to say I have eaten almost all of them. Shame.)

Q. Two people you last talked to on the phone:
1. Mama
2. Banfield (checking on Chola after her doctor's visit).

Two things you are going to do tomorrow:
1. Drop the girl off at preschool.
2. Get my hair colored (like this color is natural!)and potentially cut off.

Q. Two longest car rides:
1. any of my DC to Rockford, Ill. drives - there were at least 4 a year for 3 years. 12 hours with no cell phone back in those days.
2. the drive from DC to Memphis to visit Dan with Jen. Holy hell Virginia is a long state!

Q. Two of your favorite beverages:
I know I should say "water" (which I do drink an inordinant amount of) but if I'm being honest...
1. red wine (but only certain kinds because others give me a migraine).
2. a good gin and tonic (had some over Christmas break - yum).

Q. The people you’d like to respond:
I don't really know many bloggers.... but I'll say the following even though they don't all blog:
1. Caitlin
2. Gandy
3. Bug

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love the two alcohol drinks...i originally had dirty martini but then heard my mom's disapproval. waffle: brand vans. real simple, just toasted with honey drizzled and shaved almonds on top. while it is filling for a while, you will need a midmorning snack before lunch.

Emilia said...

i ALWAYS need a mid-morning snack. will be buyin waffles this weekend! :) (and ditto on the dirty martini - i was going to put that instead of the gin and tonic but it's been a while since i had one. maybe girls night should turn in to a martini party! :)

a s t o n + s t e l l said...

I may be preggers but cheers to the girls night Martini Party! I think this was a really cute idea...at first i was skeptical but i like reading your responses...can't wait to see the hair!