Tuesday, January 20, 2009

snowfall and obama

We got some snow overnight for the first time this winter. Luckily (insert sarcasm here) Emilia woke up at 2:30 a.m. so I got to see the snow first start to come down as I sat up with her from 2:30 until 4 this morning. Before Marcus left for work he took her outside to see it up close.

As you can see by the look on her face, she wasn't too thrilled about being outside with all this white, cold stuff. Fortunately the living room windows are low enough that she could get a good view of the snowfall from the relative warmth indoors.
Whew! I'm glad I'm indoors!
And here's some video of her commenting on the snow, trying to say "Obama", making her dog sound (as Chola walked by) and saying bye.

I finally managed to get Emilia dressed to go outside. She lasted about two seconds outside... her feet hit the snow and she started screaming and heading for the door - no time for a picture.

Kind of a raggamuffin look I know - Redskins track suit, Christmas socks, striped cap, winter coat and yes, she was wearing her mittens.

She finished her lunch watching a little bit of history in the making.

Don't even tell me about how she shouldn't be standing up on the seat of her horse. I know it's dangerous, but someone is kind of independent minded!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah kate and emilia had similar days...right down to ragamuffin!