Thursday, August 28, 2008

are you ready for this?


I don't know that I am. We went to the open house for Emilia's preschool. (It feels ridiculous to call it a preschool - really it's a Mother's Morning Out program, but I think that term has now fallen out of favor - preschool sounds more grown up or something - not that I am AT ALL ready for her to grow up). In any case, she will be attending Quail Hollow Presbyterian Preschool Friday mornings from 9 until 12:30. On Wednesday we met her teacher, Miss Courtney, and some of her fellow classmates. I almost burst into tears when, after ploping her in the middle of the room she looked around, looked back at me and headed straight for where the kids were playing around a kitchen set like this one. Off my big girl went, though she was significantly smaller than the other babies, some of whom turned 1 back in January. We completed a wad of forms and picked up her school bag. Next Friday will be her first day.
Looking inside her "bookbag" - it's getting monogrammed!


Someone's very excited by her "lunchbox" - really it's just a divided plate to send her lunch in.

Ready to walk off with schoolbag in hand as well has her "notes home" pouches. Plus, a nice shot of her sundress from Grandpa - finally!

No comments: