Saturday, May 10, 2008

Nothing says "fun"...

.... like going to the pediatrician's office on a Saturday (especially when you were hoping for a little bit of a break and some pampering by getting a hair cut). Marcus took Emilia to the pediatrician where I met up with them (won't go in to the details here of my frantic drive over there as I was late, as usual, and lost, as usual). Eventually made it over there and the very nice doctor explained that while sometimes babies Emilia's age do get a rash on their bodies after a fever she probably has an allergy to amoxicillian. She was kind enough to give her a different prescription for an antibiotic and recommended some probiotic pills to crush in whatever little bit of food we manage to get in to her to help replace some of the buggies that naturally occur in her gut. Poor booboo. She's still sick as a dog. I've taken pictures of her but I won't post them until she's 100% better. We took her shopping this afternoon with us and she fell asleep at 5:30 p.m. - the schedule is completely thrown out the window right now. I resorted to giving her some Benadryl hoping that, if the rash itched it would ease it as well as offer her some help in falling asleep tonight. She cried/whimpered for about 25 minutes and has finally now fallen asleep at 8:40 p.m. - a full half-hour past her normal bedtime and without her normal bedtime bottle. I'll be so grateful when she's back to her old self. This has made me so grateful that our girl is, overall, in excellent health and without any serious problems. I'll be praying for all those poor mamas out there who have sick babies tonight.

No comments: