Thursday, May 8, 2008

Is there a doctor in the house?

I haven't written anything this week because my hands have been full with a certain sick little girl. Monday night we noticed that she was awfully warm when we put her to bed but since she's normally kind of warm I didn't think much of it. Well, by Tuesday morning it was obvious she was not feeling well at all and by Tuesday afternoon it was official she was running a temperature of about 102. I think she really started the fever on Monday night. In any event I called the doctor who recommended Tylenol for the fever, cool baths, the usual. Well nothing worked so we went to the doctor yesterday. She says she thinks Emi may have something called "hand-foot-mouth" virus which, while nasty, like most viruses will just run its course. She predicted another day or so of fever with the attendant foul mood (and oh, did I mention the copious amounts of poo... liquid poo at that), waking in the middle of the night, and very poor eating (most disconcerting for a baby who LOVES to eat). This morning she woke up without a fever, slept most of the morning, ate almost nothing for lunch and is now asleep again with a fever of 103. Needless to say I've called the doctor again.

No comments: