Tuesday, April 15, 2008

bloggin' ain't easy...


... or at least it isn't as easy as it looks or as I thought it was going to be. Perhaps I simply don't have the mental power to figure it out. My brain may be fried after one too many singings of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." Who knows. One of these days I'll get this thing figured out.


In the meantime, and on to more pressing issues... big events in Emilia's life. She has been invited to join yet another litle playgroup - one of 4 girls in the neighborhood. This will start on Thursday, which is already a busy day for us since that's when she goes to her Music Together class. Also, she had lentils and rice for the first time today for dinner. She wasn't wild about it until I mixed in some of her favorite sweet potatoes and after I strained the lentils and rice - thus giving it the look of runny poo. It didn't look appetizing at all but she gobbled it all up so I guess it couldn't have been that bad.


I went to EarthFare this afternoon to get her groceries - it's the local almost-all-organic grocery store here in Charlotte and the prices there are much better than for the same organic produce at the Harris Teeter. I was looking at the jars of baby food (even though I make all of her food currently, it is convenient to have a couple of jars on hand for any "emergencies." In any case I was shocked to see one of the ingredients listed on one of the jars of "chicken dinner" as "mechanically separated organic chicken"!!!!!! YUCK!!!!! My memory of the movie "Supersize Me" may be fuzzy, but doesn't that mean they've stripped the meat from the spinal column of the animal and that there may be nerve tissue mixed in with the meat? IN ORGANIC BABY FOOD THAT WE'RE PAYING A PREMIUM FOR?!?! HA! I guess it really is essential to read the labels on everything.....
Oh and by the way this picture is from a couple of days ago... I'm just playing around trying to figure out how to post pictures....

No comments: