Tuesday, November 13, 2012

August

Again - mostly unedited pictures....


For the girl's fifth birthday we were fortunate enough to have Grandpa in town to celebrate with us.  It was also the first time we had an "offsite" birthday party and honestly, I'll never have a birthday party at home again.  So easy!  Emi's friend Elizabeth had her birthday party at a nearby indoor swimming pool which E loves so that's where she chose to have her birthday party as well.  First, we celebrated at home on her actual day.





On her party day Emi chose to invite her special pal Kyrie for lunch at a Japanese steak house close to the house and near the pool as well.  Total hit.  The girls loved the "show" they do at the big grills and frankly ate more than I thought they would!





the chopsticks were a hit as well.

Then it was on to the pool...



 lined up to swing into the pool like Tarzan.

Finally, after a l.o.n.g. summer it was time for the first day of school.  Out to the front yard tree for the usual pictures...



I thought she would be upset seeing many of her friends heading off to Kindergarten but she couldn't have cared less.  Reinforced my belief that we had made the right decision for our girl in holding her back one more year.

These two were headed off to school as well...


I couldn't possibly get all 3 to smile for me at once, could I?


Nope.

No comments: