Monday, January 25, 2010

navidad, part 3 and the rest...

Christmas Day morning (sorry - no fam pics of us in our matching jammies, but you get the idea) we woke at Nana and Richard's house for some yummy breakfast and present opening. (Gnomo made the trip to DC with us, as did our stockings, so all was as it should be).

In the afternoon we went to Gapa's (my dad's) house for our traditional Christmas dinner. Emilia entertained us by playing a little piano.



I recognize her outfit isn't all that fancy considering it was Christmas Day, but she selected it herself, so there you go.

making silly faces with Gapa.

Gapa ordered a delish pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. He put a couple of candles on it so she could blow them out for her 1/2 birthday.
The following are not really all that interesting, but here they are. The day after Christmas we went downtown hoping to get in to a museum. Of course parking was a nightmare and Emilia fell asleep in the car. I tried to take a couple pics of things I love in one of the cities I love.

lincoln memorial - i have always loved it because it's the first monument you come to when you cross over the bridge.

the hirschorn museum - site of our first date. i don't really like the art in there, but if a boy takes you to a museum for a date you've got a live one!
Once back in the Queen City we celebrated A's birthday. It was the least we could do since she'd done so much for us during her stay with us. Her birthday isn't until February, but all she really wanted was a good cake.

ina garten's recipe - beatty's chocolate cake with chocolate/coffee frosting.

official taste-tester and candle-licker
a little 'happy birthday' singing...










um, i don't really like cake all that much, but we pretty much inhaled this sucker in about 2 1/2 seconds.


really, is there any other way to eat frosting than with your fingers?

Ok, we're done with the Christmas portion of the show... I know I didn't put any of my funny pictures of Gnomo (the Elf), family pics, etc... but whatev... it's mid-january already!

2 comments:

amybradley said...

YUM! The cake looks delish! We haven't gone in the Hirschorn yet, but we did happen upon it's scuplture garden this fall - great place for a picnic!! Lincoln Memorial is one of my favs as well!

kate's corner said...

man that cake looks yum. thanks a lot for getting that in my head, now i need cake asap. Love emi's socks and shoes/choice of outfit. Nice marcus taking you to a museum. impressive. looks like more fun christmas time. I've still got your DVDs in my car! Remind me Wed!