Tuesday, July 15, 2008

her daily bread

Since we've been here Emilia has discovered the joy of bread. Now, I can't blame her at all, as a complete bread addict I can understand why she's so enamored with it. My consolation comes from knowing the bread here is made fresh every single morning in the local bakery (located literally across the street from my mom's apartment building). Most mornings it arrives to our table still warm from baking in the oven. I'm also glad at least that it's whole wheat bread as well. I figure between it being fresh bread and whole wheat we're in decent shape. There's no denying it though - the girl's hooked. Most mornings I get her to the table with some cheerios and her juice but the second she sees the bread basket hit the table she will spit out whatever cheerio she has in her mouth and start making her noises and eyeing the basket. It's pretty funny. She's even been known to try to lick the dining room table to get the very last crumbs.




No comments: